snipper1992

2 different w2's, same employer, different ein

I have received 2 different W2's from the same employer. WAL-MART, specifically. Half way through the year, I transferred from the store to a distribution center which was in a different county, same state. I was sent 2 different w2's, each containing 4 copies. (2 sheets, 2 copies per sheet). On the first w2's, all the copies are identical. On the second w2's, the first sheet contains the same EIN, but different federal amounts, no state amounts, and a slightly different employer name. The second sheet (of the second w2's) contains a different EIN than the others, no federal amounts, different state amounts than the first w2's, and again a more altered employer name.

All copies on both sets have the same employer address. 

I am totally unsure as of what to do with them. 

MicheleR

This is normal when you are with the same company but at a different location. This is also seen when at some point during the tax year an employer's company structure changes which could also change their EIN as well.

It sounds like you will need to reach out to your companies HR or Payroll Department to ensure you have the correct amounts listed. They will also verify the EIN to make sure it's not a typo and guide you to what amount each box on your W-2s should have.

snipper1992

I have tried to get up with my companies payroll department for 3 days with no luck. Always ridiculous wait times or no answer. I'm so confused as to what to do. I put the w2s in exactly as they are and the TurboTax software recommends I mail them in. I'm not sure if I should do this or not.