Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cgvw117

Box 14 says CA EE, what should I enter for catergory, also I have another w2 that says CASDI 40.92, are the categories by discretion, as neither say a category on the W2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Box 14 says CA EE, what should I enter for catergory, also I have another w2 that says CASDI 40.92, are the categories by discretion, as neither say a category on the W2

Here is how CASDI looks

View solution in original post

13 Replies

You need to ask your employer what CA  EE means.
For CASDI, type that exactly in as CASDI.  You need to enter that.  You can get credit for it if you itemize deductions.  I try to post a screen shot.

Yes your employer can put anything they want in box 14.
cgvw117

thanks, to clarify the latter part of my question, is the category based on what we see in box 14, or is there something on the W2 that should say category.

Just the description the employer puts in box 14.
cgvw117

okay thanks 🙂
cgvw117

Hey, EE means employee, so it says CA EE 21.77, what category is that
cgvw117

Thank you for all your help

I know what CA means and what EE means.  But CA EE doesn't mean anything on your W2.  You still need to ask the employer what exactly it's for.  It doesn't say anything else?

It could be for CASDI also.  How much is in box 1?  CASDI is 0.9%.
cgvw117

$2,419.33 and box 14 just says CA EE 21.77, nothing else

JackPot!  We have a winner..  $2,419.33 x .009 is $21.77!  So it must also be for CASDI.
cgvw117

hahaha Thank you!

Here is how CASDI looks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies