turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

haru
Level 3

1310 E-FILE ISSUE: Cannot E-file 1040 after mailing Form 1310 to IRS; Turbo Tax will not allow, nor e-file to NYS, as New York requires

I'm so sorry this issue has not been fixed (I am the original poster). I feel your pain and the hours of aggravation. One would think TT would have seen this, after such specificity and the IRS clearly permitting e-file if Form 1310 has been submitted. 

I paper filed (with the extension) and haven't heard anything. His final returns sits in stacks of other 2020 returns and amended returns unopened with millions of other paper filings. It could be another year before I can finally close the checking account. Had TT allowed e-filing of returns with this issue, I'd be wrapping up soon. Filing returns for the one you lost is excruciating, and again, it's disappointing that all my words and effort meant nothing to TT.

Now, I'm preparing the estate's (and my) 2021 returns, including Form 1041, which requires the TT Business version. Also annoying. Kind of expecting to be my last year using TT, esp. given their lack of responsiveness to a known and well explained issue.

1310 E-FILE ISSUE: Cannot E-file 1040 after mailing Form 1310 to IRS; Turbo Tax will not allow, nor e-file to NYS, as New York requires

@haru wrote:

Had TT allowed e-filing of returns with this issue, I'd be wrapping up soon.

You would think so, but that might not necessarily be the case.

I know a couple of clients who have not received refunds from returns filed for decedents for the 2019 tax year.

This really depends upon which returns they decide to pull and/or if there are any other outstanding issues. Clearly, the pandemic did not help with the standard delays imposed by the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies