Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099K and 1099NEC do not match my actual earning

It's that time of the year where UberEats are screwing everybody earnings, by overstating or putting numbvers on to the wrong form and they're getting away with it.  my 1099k has like 20,000$ on it and 1099NEC has like 900$.  UberEats sent me 1099k and NEC forms and the numbers don't add up to my actual earning.  They overstated $5,000 more.  I used my bank deposits as my reference.  Go with their numbers or my bank deposit number?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

The 1099-K that Uber sends reports the fares charged the rider. 

Uber then charges you from the fares collected, so the amount deposited will be less than the 1099-k reports. 

Enter the forms as income and then enter the fees Uber charged you as an expense on your schedule C.

Enter your other expenses as well. 

Here is a link from Uber. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

hello thankyou so much for the reply.  i've been trying to this done for the last 2 weeks.  anyway I remember there was a button to automatically connect to my ubereats account and let turbotax input the numbers for me.  Where is that button or how to navigate to that?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

The information below will walk you through the navigation you request.

If you’re already signed in to your TurboTax account and working on your return:

1. Search for self-employment income and select the Jump to link to go to the Your [tax year] self-employed work summary screen.
  2. When asked the type of self-employment work you do, enter Uber or rideshare driving.
  3. Answer a few questions about your driving work. If importing from your Uber account is available, you’ll be offered the option.

If you're not in your return already, you can get started by signing in to your Uber account and selecting the TurboTax link from the Tax Information page and follow these steps:

1. Under the Taxes done right, however you choose heading, select Start for Free to file your own taxes or to file with live tax expert assistance.
  2. Sign in to your TurboTax account or create an account if you don’t have one.
  3. Start your return and provide the information requested.
  4. Once you reach the Your income and expenses screen in Income & Expenses, find the Self-employment income and expenses section and select Edit/Add.
    • Select Yes for the question Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? and then enter Uber or rideshare driving to tell us the type of self-employment work you do.
    • Follow the instructions to import your Uber income information.

@txkpt 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies