If you’re already signed in to your TurboTax account and working on your return:
- Search for self-employment income and select the Jump to link to go to the Your [tax year] self-employed work summary screen.
- When asked the type of self-employment work you do, enter Uber or rideshare driving.
- Answer a few questions about your driving work. If importing from your Uber account is available, you’ll be offered the option.
If you're not in your return already, you can get started by signing in to your Uber account and selecting the TurboTax link from the Tax Information page and follow these steps:
- Under the Taxes done right, however you choose heading, select Start for Free to file your own taxes or to file with live tax expert assistance.
- Sign in to your TurboTax account or create an account if you don’t have one.
- Start your return and provide the information requested.
- Once you reach the Your income and expenses screen in Income & Expenses, find the Self-employment income and expenses section and select Edit/Add.
- Select Yes for the question Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? and then enter Uber or rideshare driving to tell us the type of self-employment work you do.
- Follow the instructions to import your Uber income information.