Dammholz

1099G filing

I'm being told the 1099G is the unemployment version of w-2 assuming I had all that proper reductions taken out will anything happen if state fails or as they like to say post office losses my form and I file without it.

HelenC12

1099G filing

No, you shouldn't file your tax return without including your form 1099-G for unemployment. The IRS and state matches your income tax forms that you report to what they have on file. You'll most likely get a letter stating that you did not report this income which may delay your refund.

Note: Most unemployment forms are available online so there's no reason not to include it on your income tax return.

• Log into your states unemployment account and look for year end forms or form 1099-G. 
Dammholz

1099G filing

Thank you for information, and unfortunately SC does not give you the form online unless you opt in year before, all years after 2020 will be online but not this year, will have to wait for state to decide to get off their collective stools then.

AnnetteB6

1099G filing

According to the SC Department of Employment and Workforce, your Form 1099-G will be mailed to your address of record during the last week of January.  

For more information, use the following link:  Accessing your 1099-G -- SC Department of Employment and Workforce

@Dammholz