To enter a Form 1099-C in TurboTax Online:
- Open (continue) your return.
- In the TurboTax program, search for 1099-C or 1099C (lower-case works also) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Select the type of cancelled debt (main home or other) and then click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter information from your 1099-C.
Note: We don't support both types of canceled debt if they were both reported on 1099-C. In this uncommon situation, refer to IRS publications 544 and 4681 before proceeding, or consult with a professional tax preparer.
- How do I get to Form 1099-C in the mobile app?
- Can I exclude my 1099-C from my taxable income?
- Is cancelled, forgiven, or discharged debt taxable?
- Do I need to report cancelled debt from a credit card or car loan?
- Will a bankruptcy affect my taxes?
- What qualifies for mortgage forgiveness debt relief?