Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tsmills68

1099-nec are under a new line of business

When I logged in to add 1099 income it wouldn't let me.  Under the Self Employed Work Summary it shows the business name, 2021 income, no income for 2022  and the review button.  I hit the review button and it just shows the business info and a looks good button at the bottom.  I researched for hours so then I just typed  1099-nec and then hit the jump to button.  All of the 1099's from last year showed up.  So I was able to edit each 1099 and enter 2022 income.  When I finished I again went to the Self Employed Work Summary and now there are two lines of work.  All of the updated income that I just entered went on a new line of business, not the original one.   I deleted all the entries, reentered and they're still showing up under the second line of business.  I'm afraid to delete the original business and just go with the newly created one.  Will I lose all my saved info. from previous years?  I don't want to have to refigure home office and all of the other saved items. I've been using turbo tax for years and I have never had this problem.  Normally I just go to add/edit and enter the new 1099 info.  I don't know why it wouldn't let me add/edit this year.

So, do I delete the original business, delete the 1099's under the second line of business or how do I get the new 1099 income on the original business?  I clicked on Premier for product but I should be under self employed. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Delete the 1099NEC and second business.  Then click update by the first business and just enter your total income as Other self employment income or as Cash or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099NEC or 1099Misc or 1099K.  Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

tsmills68

Thank you for your reply.  

There's only a "review" button by the Self-employment income and expenses.   This is where I would normally add the new income.  When I hit the review button it only takes me to the Your 2022 self-employed work summary.  This has a review button, but again, this just has the business info, ie, work description, type of work, etc.  At the bottom of this page it says "Looks Good", not add income.  When I go down to other common income, under 1099-nec it asks if I received a 1099 related to self employed income, if yes, enter that info under the "self employment" in the income section, not here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies