bommiem

1099-MISC I am trying to enter for miscellaneous income, I start the process, and Turbo Tax is telling me that it is business income which it is NOT. Turbotax free

This is from miscellaneous income and not a business.

What type of Misc income specifically?   If it's for work that you did, it is indeed business income.

Bob_E

That income can be reported in the "Personal Income" section.  Rather than do the step-by-step stuff, go to the Personal Income tab and click "I'll choose what I work on."  Then scroll down to "Other Common Income," which is where you can report your 1099-MISC income.  Hope this helps...