Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brad2022

1099-misc form box 6

I have a second income filled as a 1099-MISC.
I am typing in my wages earned and the only box that contains any wages is box 6 (Med & health care payments). When I try to type this into turbotax, they do not give me the option to fill in box6. Thus, when I move forward, it is suggesting my income from this job was 0$.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaR

1099-misc form box 6

You will need to enter the 1099-MISC under Other Common Income.  Follow these steps:

Sign into your TurboTax account and click "Take me to my return"

Select Federal Taxes (top of program)

Select the Wages & Income sub-tab

Select "Add More Income" button if shown, then "See list of all income", if shown (you want to see a list of all income options)

Scroll down until you come to Other Common Income

NOTE: Do not select to enter the 1099-MISC under Self-Employment (keep scrolling until you come to Other Common Income to enter your 1099-MISC)

Under Other Common Income, select 1099-MISC

When at the 1099-MISC screen, click My form has other info in boxes 1-18. This will open additional boxes for entry including Box 6 Medical Payments

FOR A SHORTCUT : In the Search box (upper right of program), search "1099 misc" and select the "Jump to" link.  This will take you to the correct page to enter your 1099-MISC under Other Common Income.

Click on screenshots below for detail

View solution in original post

4 Replies

1099-misc form box 6

Assuming you had income from this job an entry should be in box for other income.  If this box is blank you will need to contact the sender for a corrected 1099 Mis.  Then when you enter the correct amounts Turbo Tax will enter on correct lines of 1040.  You also need Sch C and SE

1099-misc form box 6

Why is  Turbotax won't put all 1099 MISC boxes . Are they assuming that all payers are using the same format. I rec'd a 1099 MISC that box 7 and box 6, both have numbers to be entered.
PatriciaR

1099-misc form box 6

You will need to enter the 1099-MISC under Other Common Income.  Follow these steps:

Sign into your TurboTax account and click "Take me to my return"

Select Federal Taxes (top of program)

Select the Wages & Income sub-tab

Select "Add More Income" button if shown, then "See list of all income", if shown (you want to see a list of all income options)

Scroll down until you come to Other Common Income

NOTE: Do not select to enter the 1099-MISC under Self-Employment (keep scrolling until you come to Other Common Income to enter your 1099-MISC)

Under Other Common Income, select 1099-MISC

When at the 1099-MISC screen, click My form has other info in boxes 1-18. This will open additional boxes for entry including Box 6 Medical Payments

FOR A SHORTCUT : In the Search box (upper right of program), search "1099 misc" and select the "Jump to" link.  This will take you to the correct page to enter your 1099-MISC under Other Common Income.

Click on screenshots below for detail

adamssdi

1099-misc form box 6

MUST READ!
  Spam deleted
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies