pizzadogs12

1099 HC form...

Why did I receive a 1099 Hc form that says i will need the form to file my 2016 Massachusetts income tax?? Am I supposed to send a copy of this through turbotax? Thanks
AndreaG

1099 HC form...

The reason that you received this form is because Massachusetts has its own health care requirement and the MA 1099-HC provides information on what type of health coverage was provided during 2016 and whether it is considered minimum creditable coverage for Massachusetts. 

The purpose of this form is to help you answer questions on your Massachusetts tax return regarding your health care coverage for the year. The form itself does not need to be put into Turbo Tax.

Please refer to page 1 of the 2016 Massachusetts Schedule HC Health Care Special Section on Minimum Creditable Coverage, for additional clarification. http://www.mass.gov/dor/docs/dor/health-care/2016/hc-instructions.pdf