My son received a 1099-G for Louisiana Frontline Workers Rebate in 2020. The amount is listed in Box 2 (State or local income tax refunds, credits, or offsets). Box 3 has tax year 12/31/2020. Where do I enter this information? If I enter it under State Refund, the default year is 2019. But he not only did not receive it in 2019, he didn't file a tax return in 2019. It's not unemployment benefits. And it doesn't seem to fit any of the categories that under "Other 1099-G income". Does anyone know where I should enter it?
Yes, there is an "other income" area for reporting things that do not fit elsewhere. He can report his Frontline Worker COVID-19 Hazard Pay Rebate as Less Common Income by following these steps:
- From the left menu, go to Federal and select the first tab, Wages & Income
- Add his Form 1099-G by scrolling down to the last option, Less Common Income, and select Show more
- Scroll down to the last option, Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C and Start
- Choose the last option, Other reportable income and Start and Yes
- Enter the applicable description and amount and Continue
Please thank him for selflessly serving the public good during these unprecedented times. It is most appreciated.