krisbarp

1099-G for Louisiana Frontline Workers Rebate

My son received a 1099-G for Louisiana Frontline Workers Rebate in 2020. The amount is listed in Box 2 (State or local income tax refunds, credits, or offsets). Box 3 has tax year 12/31/2020. Where do I enter this information? If I enter it under State Refund, the default year is 2019. But he not only did not receive it in 2019, he didn't file a tax return in 2019. It's not unemployment benefits. And it doesn't seem to fit any of the categories that under "Other 1099-G income". Does anyone know where I should enter it?

KathrynG3

Yes, there is an "other income" area for reporting things that do not fit elsewhere. He can report his Frontline Worker COVID-19 Hazard Pay Rebate as Less Common Income by following these steps:

• From the left menu, go to Federal and select the first tab, Wages & Income
  • Add his Form 1099-G by scrolling down to the last option, Less Common Income, and select Show more
  • Scroll down to the last option, Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C and Start
  • Choose the last option, Other reportable income and Start and Yes
  • Enter the applicable description and amount and Continue

Please thank him for selflessly serving the public good during these unprecedented times. It is most appreciated. 

krisbarp

Thank you. That was very helpful.