Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-DIV Incorrect Autofill

I uploaded my 1099-DIV document and Turbotax has auto filled my 1099-DIV form.  The issue I am having is the auto filled information under "Additional Payer and Recipient Information" is incorrect. It seems the "Payer's address and zip code" and "Recipient's address and zip code" information is mixed up. For example my state and zip code is auto filled under the payer's section, and the payer's state is auto filled under my recipient's section. The payer's city is also just completely wrong.

How can I correct this information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

And if you took a picture, or tried uploading a PDF file...don't do that anymore...just enter it manually.

The software AI that "supposedly" transfers all the data into the proper fields, is not yet good enough to do it flawlessly (as you now see)....there have been tons of people with similar issues....wait a couple more years before trying to do it that way again (if that's how you attempted to enter it).

(An import, directly from the issuer of the 1099-DIV, should be OK.)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

6 Replies
TomK2023
Expert Alumni

Is the information correct on your 1099-R form, and it just imported incorrectly?

If so, you can simply delete this form and enter it manually or edit it.

Edit your 1099-R:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click on Federal tab.
  3. Click on Wages & Income.
  4. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security1099-R, IRAs, 401(k), early withdrawals
  5. Click on Revisit next to IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)
  6. From Summary info page you can edit/add/delete your 1099-R.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The issue I am having is the auto filled information under "Additional Payer and Recipient Information" is incorrect. It seems the "Payer's address and zip code" and "Recipient's address and zip code" information is mixed up.

this info is not used for any purpose so delete it.

only boxes/lines with numbers and the payee are needed. additional info is needed if you have a Foreign Tax Credit on the 109-Div but not addresses or id numbers. 

And if you took a picture, or tried uploading a PDF file...don't do that anymore...just enter it manually.

The software AI that "supposedly" transfers all the data into the proper fields, is not yet good enough to do it flawlessly (as you now see)....there have been tons of people with similar issues....wait a couple more years before trying to do it that way again (if that's how you attempted to enter it).

(An import, directly from the issuer of the 1099-DIV, should be OK.)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

TomK2023,

Thank you very much. Yes, the infornation on my 1099-DIV is correct.

Since the incorrect information does not show in the edit page to be edited I ended up deleting the existing 1099-DIV and entered it manually. This seems to have worked.

Thank you SteamTrain.

I took your advice and deleted my original file and re-entered everything manually. The "needs review" message no longer comes up so this seems to have worked.

Thank you Mike9241.

I re-entered the information manually and that never asked for the address so I agree the address seems to not be needed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies