turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ngoc20
Returning Member

1099-DIV box 3 non dividend distribution

Hi. I have been receiving non dividend distribution every year since I owned one stock in LP. I been told that you don't report as taxable dividend until that stock is sold because this is none dividend distribution.

Until the end of last year 2019. this stock ENLK is converted over to ENLC as sold and I have to report all capital gain, plus since I did not report all non dividend distribution for the past years which I owned ENLK. because ENLK is not sold. How do I report this kind of dividend as stock is sold in 2019. I receive tax statement from my broker every year and I can go back and add them up but what form do I need to report this. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tan

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

You will have to report the "sale" of the stock a normal sale. Under Income & Expenses in TurboTax. The difference in reporting will be when it comes to your cost basis. Instead of your regular cost basis (purchase price, for example), you will need to reduce it by the amount of non-dividend distributions received throughout the years. The result of it will be a higher capital gain amount reported. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ngoc20
Returning Member

Thanks for response to my question. Would you explain to me what does it mean on broker 1099 under Reconciliations, fees, expenses and expenditures. There is one line stated " Other Receipts& Reconciliations- Partnership Distributions Showed the amount of $1000.00. This is belong to LP public traded company. How this line figure into turbo tax or not.

I import 1099 and schedule K1 into turbo tax every year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies