Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-B EPSS question

Hi!

I have my EPSS plan through EQ Shareowner Services by Equiniti. I'm filing for the first time and it doesn't seem like TurboTax allows me to import my tax info from their site. I made to sales of shares last year, but each purchase is itemized (it looks like) because shares are purchased into my account monthly. Do I need to file each item separately? I have a feeling that might be the case but I'm hoping there might be a quicker way to do this.

Thanks,

Mike

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1099-B EPSS question

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

1099-B EPSS question

Thank you for taking the time to respond Katina! I don't think that was the issue, since I can't pull the company up in Turbo Tax to use that automatic import option. I wonder if it's because Equiniti might be a more obscure company.

I was curious, though, how I would file this if I can't get it to import. Since there are multiple tax lots for one distribution (monthly contributions the EPSS plan) does each lot get filed separately? If you guys have some type of aid or tool for this, please let me know! Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies