1099-B doesn't have a date acquired. "Something ot...

lynnaluna

1099-B doesn't have a date acquired. "Something other than a date" won't let me select "Blank" and it's greyed out. I can select "Various" but it would be incorrect.

Why would various be incorrect?  Did you only buy it one time and did not reinvest the dividends?  If it's classified as the right time period, Long Term or Short Term the date is not important.   As long as the date makes it LT or ShortTerm.

lynnaluna

The reason I said "Blank" is the correct option is because date acquired (1b) is literally blank and nothing is listed in that box. I only owned it briefly, but there was one month with reinvested dividends. I was trying to follow the turbotax instructions that say to select Blank if box 1b is blank. It keeps saying "needs review" for this section because I left Blank selected but the software has it greyed out like it's not a real selection. I guess I could select Various, go back and find the actual date of purchase to enter (which the end of the prior year) or I could consolidate and not list these individually and see if that works. It is listed correctly as short-term.