Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-B details are not importing from National Financial - Wealthscape

I've been unsuccessful at importing my 1099-B information from my National Financial - Wealthscape accounts.  After entering my Wealthscape User ID and Password, the account listing screen opens and includes my two 1099-B accounts (so it seems like TT is accessing the accounts OK).   I leave the boxes checked and click continue to proceed with the upload.  Turbo Tax appears to proceed to upload, but then the next screen that comes up does not list any information (no financial institute, no account numbers, and no forms), and Turbo Tax seems to want me to then proceed to enter the 1099-B data manually.   I have just over 400 transactions total between the two 1099-Bs.   What do you suggest?  (I am using the download version of TT Deluxe.  My browser (if it matters) is MS Edge, with pop-ups disabled. ) Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this resource.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

With all due respect, the link did not help resolve the situation, as I had already reviewed that prior post, and none of the possible problems applied to my situation.  The fact that the last line recommends keying in the data manually completely sidesteps the matter - I am using TT because it advertises it can import 1099Bs (and other forms) in order to preclude my manually entering data.  This is particularly important with forms like 1099B, when there is more knowledge and insight needed of the data to add it correctly to the TT screens.  I did call the TT help desk and had a  thorough and friendly 30-minute help session where the TT rep walked me through the steps several times, and neither of us could see where I was doing anything wrong, neither of us could find a reason that the forms would not upload.  Bottom line, at this point, the problem of importing the 1099-Bs from National Financial into TT still does not work for me, and I unfortunately will be forced to learn and manually enter the data in order to complete my return.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Do you know if the 1099 is downloading as a .pdf or another type of file? 

I know the National Financial page had both .pdf and .csv files, but I don't know which format TT was trying to import.  HOWEVER, >>>>>IMPORTANT UPDATE:   I opened up my TT today and found that the 1099B information HAS imported into my return.  I don't know how or when, and I haven't yet confirmed it is ALL there, but at this point it seems like my 1099B import problem has been resolved.  I'll repost if there is any information that appears to be missing or incorrect.  Thanks for you all your help.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I am happy to hear it did import as it should!! Please let us know the end result and if everything was there as it should. @2taxed 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies