Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A $0 says to reach out to marketplace provider, marketplace provider tells me to use turbotax community lol

Hello, hoping I could get some help. I'm a bit confused here I have a 1095-A for 2022 and for 21 boxes A and B are both $0.00 but I cannot put that in.  TurboTax says to "reach out to your marketplace provider to find out what the Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan amount was." and another article links me to the healthcare.gov website for the SLCSP but it won't let me and says I need to reach out to my states marketplace provider....

I reach out to my states marketplace provider (Pennie) and their agent inform me that they cannot provide me with that and if I'm using TurboTax then to find the "Anonymous Shopping Tool" to calculate what the SLCSP was, but I can't seem to find it or it does not exist? After telling them I don't believe I'm able to calculate my SLCSP on TurboTax they (the marketplace provider support agent) told me to "use the TurboTax Community tool" to get my SLCSP?

It seems TurboTax and HealthCare.gov tell me to contact my marketplace provider (Pennie) to get my estimated SLCSP for that time frame but when I contact my marketplace provider they tell me to contact TurboTax Community.

Would appreciate any help or advice so I can figure out my SLCSP and file my taxes. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

1095-A $0 says to reach out to marketplace provider, marketplace provider tells me to use turbotax community lol

Here is the link for the Shopping Tool they are talking about at Pennie.

If you were insured you would have to have a number in box A.  You can use the tool to find the number for box B, but there is not a tool for you to find box A info.  Pennie would have to provide that to you.

If box A is blank, did you have insurance through Pennie for those months?

If so, then you will need to reach back out to Pennie for that information.  Box A is your premiums for your insurance.  You may also be able to find this number on one of your statements from Pennie. 

If you did NOT have insurance through Pennie for the months that have a 0 in them, then you will leave those boxes blank in both column A and B, and only enter numbers in the boxes that have numbers on your 1095-A.  

Basically, for the months you had insurance, enter something for A and B.  For the months you did not, you will leave those blank. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your reply. The thing is when I go to the Shopping Tool link the Healthcare.gov one and enter my state and year it tells me I have to contact my states marketplace and gives me the link to Pennie for it. 

Box A and Box B both have 0.00. I just had it for 1 month.

I appreciate your help greatly.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, since it is directing you to Pennie, there is no other way to get the information you need other than from Pennie. If you can find the statement for that one month that you had insurance or maybe log into your Pennie account to see that statement, you may be able to find it there.

Pennie is the only one that can provide you with the information needed to enter the 1095-A. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies