turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How (where) do i enter taxable income earned from in home care of family member?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

How (where) do i enter taxable income earned from in home care of family member?

Your income from work as a caregiver would be considered self-employment income (unless you receive a W-2 reporting your income).  Self-employment income and expenses are reported on Schedule C.

Often, this type of income is reported on Form 1099-MISC, but if you do not have that form just enter that your income was received in cash as you go through the income section for the Schedule C.  You should have records of the payments that you received.

See the TurboTax article below for more instructions for entering your Schedule C.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302122

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Your income from work as a caregiver would be considered self-employment income (unless you receive a W-2 reporting your income).  Self-employment income and expenses are reported on Schedule C.

Often, this type of income is reported on Form 1099-MISC, but if you do not have that form just enter that your income was received in cash as you go through the income section for the Schedule C.  You should have records of the payments that you received.

See the TurboTax article below for more instructions for entering your Schedule C.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302122

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies