Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why are Louisiana State Credits options missing for Citizen's and Vehicle Registration Fees?

2 of the credits which are allowed in Louisiana are not coming up as options when filling in the information for my State Return.  I should have an option to enter in any Vehicle Registration Fees Paid as well as Payments to Citizen's on my Homeowners' Insurance...but neither are showing anywhere...?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Why are Louisiana State Credits options missing for Citizen's and Vehicle Registration Fees?

The Louisiana Citizen Insurance Credit is no longer available because Act 403 of the 2017 Regular Legislative Session ended the credit effective December 31, 2019.

I do not see any credit for vehicle registration fees paid on the Louisiana state return for 2020 or prior years. Can you provide more details about this credit?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your help with Citizens!  As for the other credit, in prior years we were asked if we had paid vehicle registration fees (a state tax) and were able to reduce our taxable income by the amount paid.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies