Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

km9420

Why am I not seeing my 1040X form all I get is its not available or still processing it has been 12 weeks since I got off the phone with the TurboTax agent to file it.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why am I not seeing my 1040X form all I get is its not available or still processing it has been 12 weeks since I got off the phone with the TurboTax agent to file it.

It can take the IRS at least 12 weeks to process an amended tax return, sometimes much longer.

Check the status on this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

If you e-filed or printed and mailed the federal amended return and it has been 12 weeks or longer since the tax return was sent, call the IRS and speak with an agent.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

per the IRS website, they are currently processing March amendments.  Be patient

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Are you sure that you actually filed your amended return? A TurboTax support agent cannot file it for you. You have to either e-file it or mail it yourself. If you e-filed it, did you get an e-mail saying that it was accepted? If you filed it by mail, did you use certified mail or another service that provides tracking and confirmation of delivery?

Where are you looking for the status of your amended return? Are you using Where’s My Amended Return? on the IRS web site?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies