Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlswyers1

Who do I talk to about this? My tax papers show I opted to use the lookback credit, but for whatever reason TT only applied it to my ACTC, not EIC. I was shorted $1159.

Lines 27 and 28 should both show PYEI xxxx next to them. However, it only shows that on line 28 (ACTC). My EIC should be 6660 if using PYEI, but only shows 5501. I'm not sure what to do. Could the IRS help? Could TurboTax? Please help. Thank you.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Who do I talk to about this? My tax papers show I opted to use the lookback credit, but for whatever reason TT only applied it to my ACTC, not EIC. I was shorted $1159.

in the earned income worksheet there's a section for using the prior year's earned income.  if 2020 earned income is higher than in 2019 you must use your 2020 earned income.  if it's lower you must complete the section by checking box A yes and entering 2019 earned income in Box B.  is 2020 earned income higher than 2019 or did you fail to complete the section for using the prior year's earned income?

jlswyers1

2019 earned income was higher.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Someone told me I have to "choose to use 2019's earned income twice" so I went in and tried to see what they're talking about, but it only asks me once. So I hit yes, to use 2019, and then it tells me something along the lines of me being done with that part and it looks like I will be getting the most back with my 2019 EI. I tried hitting no to see what it would do and it dropped me down quite a bit. Is there some way I can manually go in and change it? 

jlswyers1

I downloaded my return and it shows "PYEI XXXXX" on line 28 but not on line 27. I am not sure why it would have applied it to my ACTC but not my EIC portion. 

we can't see your return, so you should contact support because you can allow them to actually see your return.

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies