Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where to capture energy credit (max $600?) for upgrade of electric panel to 200 amps

Following question  is where on Form 5695 to record cost for a specific  energy credit, electric  service upgrade to 200A. - 

In Dec 2023  I had my house electric panel service upgraded to 200A in anticipation of a heat pump install completed in February 2024.  On the form or dialog, where do I enter the cost for the electric upgrade? I thought credit for this work is limited to $600 but I may be incorrect. I used the field for heat pump installation cost  but I think this may be incorrect. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where to capture energy credit (max $600?) for upgrade of electric panel to 200 amps

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions, go back through the Home Energy Credits section.

There will be several screens (about 9) that you have to go through before you land on the screen labeled Enter Your Qualified Energy Property Costs.  There you can enter your cost in the box labeled Panelboards, subpanelboards, branch circuits or feeders

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions, go back through the Home Energy Credits section.

There will be several screens (about 9) that you have to go through before you land on the screen labeled Enter Your Qualified Energy Property Costs.  There you can enter your cost in the box labeled Panelboards, subpanelboards, branch circuits or feeders

Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies