Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do i enter my mileage for my vehicle on turbo tax?

I use my vehicle and i'm contract labor. I drove about 18,000 miles this year for work
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you are self-employed as an independent contractor you can enter mileage on your Schedule C.  You are posting your question from online Deluxe---which does not support preparing a Schedule C for business expenses.  If you have business expenses you need to upgrade to Premium.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

In the Business Expenses section, there is an Expense Category for Vehicle.   Follow the below instructions to enter your business expenses in TurboTax Online.

1. Type Schedule C in the Search box.
  2. Select the Jump to link.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? and answer the questions until you get the Select any expense categories you have screen.
  4. Select your expenses, then Continue.
    • If you've already worked in this section, select Edit or Review next to your business.
  5. Then select Start or Edit next to an expense type that you had.  One of the options is "Vehicle". 
  6. Enter your expense description and amount, and answer any other questions we ask.
  7. If you had more than one expense for a type, select Add another row to include them all.
  8. If you have additional expenses of other types, select Add expenses for this work and repeat steps 4 through 6 to add more.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies