jcoslp

Where do I enter my HSA dollars that were payroll deductible in 2019? In the box you question me about contributions made personally (not though your employer)?

Hal_Al

Pre-tax HSA  $ are not required to be entered.  Your employer will usually show that in box 14 of your W-2, but is not required to do so. 

It may be in box 12, of your W-2, with code W.  Code W - Employer contributions (including amounts the employee elected to contribute using a Section 125 cafeteria plan) to your health savings account (HSA).

AnnetteB6

Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions made through payroll deductions should be reported in Box 12 of your W-2 using Code W. 

If for some reason they were not reported that way, then watch for the screen titled 'Did your employer tell you about any other contributions?' as you go through the HSA section of your return. 

Answer 'yes' and some fields will open where you can enter 'Employer and payroll contributions not reported in Box 12 of your W-2'.

This screen should pop up just after the one where you could enter your own personal contributions.