Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dstumpff3

Where do I enter home repair and maintenance cost made to the house when I have a home office?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Where do I enter home repair and maintenance cost made to the house when I have a home office?

Yes, a portion of repairs & maintenance to your residence may be included in the Home Office Deduction

1 - As you work through the Business section, look for the Business Expenses summary screen and Home Office Deduction at the bottom (see screenshot #1 below - click to enlarge). 

2 - Follow the prompts until you see a question with an option for actual vs. simplified. Choose actual expenses (recommended) so you can include your repair/maintenance costs (screenshot #2).

3 - On the screen titled "Tell us about your home expenses", enter repair costs for your entire home under "Repairs & Maintenance" (screenshot #3). These costs are allocated based on the square footage numbers you entered in the home office setup.

4 - If you had expenses for the home office only, enter those on the next page "Enter your home office expenses" (screenshot #4) These expenses are not allocated but used 100% for your home office.

Click the blue links ("Learn More") on any page if you have questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies