ayalamarcus5223

Where do I add mortgage payments and taxes

SteamTrain

In the < Federal   taxes  section...………...in the Deductions&Credits sub-tab.  Expand the menu there and there is a Your Home section that takes care of that. A line is there for those entries labeled:

"Mortgage Interest and Refinancing (Form 1098)"

_________________________________________

Be carful with the Property Taxes.....if they are entered as a part of your Mortgage payments, do not enter them a second time at the "Property (Real Estate) Taxes" menu line.  That second entry point is only for folks who no longer have a mortgage, or who pay them outside of their Mortgage.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
TomD8

And don't enter your entire mortgage payment.  Only the mortgage interest is deductible.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.