Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I find my vehicle registration bill in order to enter the deductible portion of my car registration fee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Where can I find my vehicle registration bill in order to enter the deductible portion of my car registration fee?

You can probably log into your local department of motor vehicles and download a copy of your vehicle registration invoice. The portion that is calculated based on the value of your vehicle would be the amount you can deduct.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That would have to be in your own financial records if you paid to register your car.  And... car registration is only  deductible in a few states.

Federal>Deductions and Credits>Cars and Other Things You Own>Car Registration Fees

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-credits-deductions/car-registration-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-credits-deductions/car-registration-...

You are posting from the Free Edition.  Itemized deductions are not supported by the Free Edison--so be careful about entering something that can trigger an upgrade to a paid version.  Unless you have a LOT of other itemized deductions like mortgage interest and property tax, car registration will have no effect at all on your refund or tax due.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies