geimanjm

When adding my 1099G for overpayment from 2018, I chose that I had filed with the standard deduction. I actually itemized. How do I change this on my 2019 return?

MarilynG1

Type '1099-g' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to 1099-g'.

Continue to 'Lets's See if Your XXX Refund is Taxable'. 

Indicate 'I itemized deductions in 2018' (screenshot). 

Click this link for detailed info on How to Enter 1099-G.

geimanjm

unfortunately, I cannot find where to change this on the turbo tax website. Do you have any suggestions without doing it through the desktop application?

MarilynG1

The same Search terms and screens will apply in TurboTax Online.

The screens may look a bit different, but will have the same info. 

Continue through several screens after entering amount of refund before reaching this screen (screenshot).

geimanjm

I managed to fix it by deleting some of the worksheets, so turbo tax would prompt me to re-enter the additional data.