am66

Virtual Currency

I checked the box yes for did you acquire sold or exchanged virtual currency in 2020.  The next screen nice job you are done with income.  It does not come up with a page to enter any information.  Please help

DaveF1006

Virtual Currency

You need to take it one step further as this is vital in reporting your cryptocurrency transactions to the IRS. 

1. Log into Turbo Tax

2. Go to federal>wages and income>investment income>show more

3. Scroll to the bottom of this heading and select cryptocurrency

4. Since you already selected that you traded virtual currency, you will probably already see that heading in your income and expenses summary page when you click on wages and income.

am66

Virtual Currency

I need to speak to someone.  Please send me a phone number to call regarding cryptocurrency

SForrestLO

Virtual Currency

@am66

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

How to contact an agent

tetrisqueen

Virtual Currency

It does not show a "Show more" selection under Investment Income... where do I enter the information for the transaction for a loss on sale?

JohnW152

Virtual Currency

@tetrisqueen

Please verify what version of TurboTax you’re using.

With TurboTax Online open, you can generally navigate to the Cryptocurrency section following this path:

1. Click Federal in the left pane.
  2. Click Income & Expenses in the top banner.
  3. Scroll down and click Show more to the right of Investment Income.
  4. At the bottom of the Investment Income list, click Start next to Cryptocurrency.
tetrisqueen

Virtual Currency

Hi... I am using Turbotax Premier, the version purchased at store, so not solely downloaded.  I do not see "Income and Expenses" ..... under the Federal Taxes tab, I see Wages and Income, Deductions and Credits, Other Tax Situations, Federal Review, etc... not sure if I am in the correct place.  Thank you for your help!

Virtual Currency

@tetrisqueen wrote:

Using the TurboTax desktop software -

Click on Federal Taxes

Click on Wages & Income

Click on I'll choose what I work on

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Done with Income

Continue until you land on the screen labeled Did you acquire, sell, or exchange any virtual currency in 2020?

tetrisqueen

Virtual Currency

Perfect!  Found it!  Thank you so much!