Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mhan2460

Upgrade Refund Continually Denied

I started my taxes with TurboTax and once I realized they would require me to purchase the upgraded TurboTax version for $118 (state and federal), I had already entered my card info but closed out of the window before submitting the purchase, avoiding filing my 2022 taxes with TurboTax. I used a different service to file, though later I noticed that TurboTax had still charged me for the $118. Today I've been on the phone with customer service and the first person told me to submit a refund request. I did, but it got rejected, and in the email stated, "We are unable to process the refund for TurboTax Online product Case because our Satisfaction Guaranteed policy only covers TurboTax CD/Download products. TurboTax Online is designed not to charge the customer until after they choose to file, so it is not covered under the Satisfaction Guarantee." This is confusing because it says "until after they choose to file," and I did not choose to file my taxes with TurboTax. I got on the phone again with another employee who told me there was nothing I could do but continue to submit refund requests or call my bank to reverse the charge. I submitted another and it also got rejected for the exact same reason. I understand I am using TurboTax Online but I wasn't supposed to be charged for this in the first place, and I haven't submitted my 2022 taxes, so why is TurboTax still charging me before I've filed my taxes with them? I am very frustrated. Now I have paid for a $118 service that I haven't used at all. Please give me my money back.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Naliym

I am going through the same issue... did not file through TurboTax and am being repeatedly denied a refund. I was charged before completing filing and they keep refusing to refund it.

jjohns34

Same here 4/15/2024. It required me to upgrade to deluxe. I filed and my return was rejected twice without giving me a solution or reason. I had to go to a professional to figure it out because the product did not help. So basically deluxe did nothing for me and didn’t even file my taxes with TurboTax after all. No refund. No sympathy. Just, Thank you for your money. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies