turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Deluxe does not allow me to enter Property Tax Paid or Additional Homes or Land.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Deluxe does not allow me to enter Property Tax Paid or Additional Homes or Land.

Use the following steps to go directly to the section of your return to enter your property tax paid: 

• For CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner (or on the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search)
  • Type in “property tax” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click Find
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to property tax
  • Click on the blue “Jump to property tax” link and enter your information
If you already entered the property tax on your primary residence when you entered your mortgage interest, do not include it again on this screen.  Otherwise, enter your property tax totals for each category shown.

pmbevac

The box titled "Additional homes or land" will not allow any entry. Getting there is not a problem.  We have raw land we pay property taxes on and no way to enter those taxes.

@pmbevac 

Are you using the "Desktop" software?

If there is a "$0" in the field where it won't allow an entry, try a double-click on the field.

Only in the desktop software, you might have a "Supporting Details" worksheet attached, that transferred in from last year's filing.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Dadmin

Double-clicking the field was the trick that opened up the dialog box! Not at all intuitive.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies