TT math error on sch A

TT math error on sch A

TurboTax Online calculated I would come out better by itemizing (which I have done the past several years).  I received a letter, however, from the IRS that the math on Sch A was incorrect; after reviewing it, my PMI was not listed in Sch A (mortgage purchase date 12/2015) but the math included it.  Should my PMI have been reflected or not?  TT's math error kept me from claiming the standard deduction (which would have been filed free) & caused me to pay more taxes due to itemizing (in error).  Is TurboTax going to amend my return for free & refund what I paid to itemize (in error!!)?

TT math error on sch A

You can file an accuracy guarantee claim with Turbo Tax by selecting this link. Turbo Tax will allow you to file an amended return free but will not refund you what you paid to itemize. 

TT math error on sch A

PMI for 2018 was added back late so you may have filed before the program was updated ... all you need to do is amend the return to get the rest of the refund you are due.