To edit or delete a charitable donation:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
- Click My Account (top right of your screen).
- Select Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the search bar, type donations.
- In the results box, highlight donations, then click GO.
- You'll land on the Donations to Charity page. Click Yes.
- Click No when asked Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?
- Under Review All Your Charities, click Edit next to the donation you need to change. (Click the first screenshot below for reference.)
- Under Review Your Donations to Specific Charity, click Edit or Delete next to the applicable donation and follow the onscreen instructions. (Click the second screenshot below for reference.)
Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.
This doesn't work unfortunately. It only allows you to visit the Donations Summary Page and will not let you edit the amount. I went back and made sure that i selected "no" for charitable donations.
It wont let you file without paying $20.00. I have a simple return, Any other suggestions?
What a colossal headache to try and edit anything that has been inputted. For some reason it locked the donation to be carried forward to future years, and it will not let me remove it. Way to be user friendly.