Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Valveran1

Took HRA & Premium Tax Credit simultaneously inadvertently - How to correct my 1095-A

My salary changed and I was required to purchase a health connector insurance plan for a few months in 2023. For those few months, I selected and paid for a premium that was about $140 higher than the monthly second lowest cost plan (SLCSP) premium (column B on the 1095-A).  I also received a monthly advance payment of premium tax credit each of those months. At the end of the year, I found out that I was already receiving an HRA by my employer for 6 months ($300/month= $1800).  I called the health connector number per the IRS instructions, and they said the initial form sent to me had the correct figures and they did not believe it needed to be adjusted even though I informed the representative that I should not have received the premium tax credit.  I was advised to contact the IRS or a tax advisor. They did not know how to correct the form. I hope this description of my issue is clearly written for you to understand. Do you have any guidance on how I can correct my 1095-A form? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Took HRA & Premium Tax Credit simultaneously inadvertently - How to correct my 1095-A

The premium tax credit amount shown on your 1095-A was paid by the government to the insurance company on your behalf.  I doubt that the insurance company will refund it back to the government easily, so that's why the Marketplace advises they can't change the form.

You could probably initiate the process with the Marketplace to try to get the funds back from the insurance company, but I'm sure it would take take time and paperwork to do so.  Once Marketplace got the funds returned, they may then issue you a corrected 1095-A.

For now, though, I'd advise filing with your 1095-A as received.  If it's eventually straightened out, and you get your corrected form, you can Amend your 2023 return.

Here's more info on How to Enter Form 1095-A and How is the Premium Tax Credit Calculated

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies