Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mesince83

The TurboTax app would not remove the energy credit for 2023. I answered no & deleted the form. I received a credit in 2022 but not in 2023. Do I have to file an amendmen

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

The TurboTax app would not remove the energy credit for 2023. I answered no & deleted the form. I received a credit in 2022 but not in 2023. Do I have to file an amendmen

Please clarify your question by adding some additional information so we may provide a more helpful response.  Were you able to successfully remove the energy credit for your 2023?  And that is what you wanted?  You stated you received it in 2022.  Were you supposed to receive it in 2022?  What are you trying to amend 2022 or 2023?

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mesince83

The app added an energy credit of 1151, which I am not eligible for in 2023. I answered the questions in a manner to remove the credit but it would not remove it. It seems silly to have to file an amendment when this can be corrected. Annoyed by the app not working. I think I have to ahead and file the error due to the deadline. Then submit the amendment. 

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

The app does not automatically enter anything for a credit, other than maybe a carryover credit.  Where do you see you are getting the credit?

Look at your form 5695 to see if you received the credit.  The summary screens are not always complete.

You do not need to and should not file a wrong return.  Is this a residential energy credit or home improvement credit?

If you are 100% not entitled to the credit, then you can simply go to forms mode and delete form 5695.

If this is a carry over credit, then you would not need to delete anything.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies