Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS says my tax return is incorrect due to the EIC. How do we deal with this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

The IRS says my tax return is incorrect due to the EIC. How do we deal with this?

Did you receive a letter from the IRS?   What is the issue?   Please explain, since no one in the user forum has access to your tax return or your information.  We have no way to know if you are eligible for EIC.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899157-what-are-the-qualifications-for-the-earned-income-credit-e...

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/use-the-eitc-assistant

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

It's not clear what "incorrect due to the EIC" means. We can't see your IRS notice or your tax return. What exactly does the IRS notice say is incorrect? Is it one of the following?

• You claimed the EIC but you are not eligible for it?
  • You might be eligible for the EIC but you did not claim it?
  • The amount that you claimed for the EIC is wrong?
  • You used a child for the EIC who does not meet the requirements?
  • You have to fill out Form 8862 because your EIC was disallowed or reduced in a previous year?
  • Something else?

The IRS notice tells you what to do. Read the entire notice carefully.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies