Jamesdonato2626

Stimulus and claiming

I accidentally put I can be claimed while on TurboTax for this year. But no one claimed me. Will I get stimulus I’m worried sick

SusanY1

Stimulus and claiming

You will probably not get it automatically in the first round, as it is based on whether you are claimed or could be claimed.  

If you are eligible to be the dependent of another taxpayer, you are not eligible for the economic stimulus payment even if they elected not to claim you.  

If you genuinely do not qualify to be a dependent, you should amend your tax return by filing Form 1040X.  It is not known if this will automatically cause a payment to be sent when the amended return is processed or if you will need to claim any amount you may be entitled to as a credit when you file your 2020 tax return in 2021.

Jamesdonato2626

Stimulus and claiming

No point in even bothering to do that, it wouldn’t go into effect for so long and they purposely make it impossible to understand anything on the form. I’m absolutely disgusted with the IRS and this country