turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smart Check is telling me to enter Child's Taxable Interest. I don't have any dependent children. It wants child name, SSN and interest income. How do I fix this?

The form it is asking me to fill out is 8814

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Smart Check is telling me to enter Child's Taxable Interest. I don't have any dependent children. It wants child name, SSN and interest income. How do I fix this?

Since you are using a Desktop version of TurboTax, you have the ability to see all of the forms in your return. Deleting the Form 8814 that's in your return, and any related forms or worksheets that  may have created the Form 8814 should get rid of this error.

1. Switch to the Forms Mode.Click the icon located in the upper right hand corner,
  2. On the left side of your screen, under Forms in My Return, locate the Form 8814 and open it.
  3. On the bottom left side of your form, choose Delete Form.
  4. Go through the list and see if there are any other forms that relate to this issue.
  5. Run Smart Check again.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Since you are using a Desktop version of TurboTax, you have the ability to see all of the forms in your return. Deleting the Form 8814 that's in your return, and any related forms or worksheets that  may have created the Form 8814 should get rid of this error.

1. Switch to the Forms Mode.Click the icon located in the upper right hand corner,
  2. On the left side of your screen, under Forms in My Return, locate the Form 8814 and open it.
  3. On the bottom left side of your form, choose Delete Form.
  4. Go through the list and see if there are any other forms that relate to this issue.
  5. Run Smart Check again.
Gram7

asking me to enter tax advance payment for child credit i dont have any dependent children

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Everyone has to answer whether they received advance child tax credit payments.

There are scenarios where taxpayers receive the advance child tax credit payments in 2021 but do not qualify for the Child Tax Credit on their 2021 Federal tax return.

If you did not receive any of those payments between July and December, report that you received $0.

@Gram7

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies