Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

danvan85

While I was entering info for the dependant care & child tax credit form, an unchangeable $6000 credit got auto-filled before I entered all my dependant care info -- why?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

While I was entering info for the dependant care & child tax credit form, an unchangeable $6000 credit got auto-filled before I entered all my dependant care info -- why?

Since I cannot see your return and dependent care info, it would stand to reason that if you have 3 minor children, that you received the Child Tax Credit of $2000/child for a total of $6000. That would be automatically entered based on the number of dependents you entered in the tax form.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Since I cannot see your return and dependent care info, it would stand to reason that if you have 3 minor children, that you received the Child Tax Credit of $2000/child for a total of $6000. That would be automatically entered based on the number of dependents you entered in the tax form.
danvan85

While yes, it's true that I have three kids and was expecting to get the $6000 tax credit for them, I was more looking for a reason why I couldn't fill out more on the dependent care side -- is $6000 the most I can hope to get for both?
danvan85

And I thought filling out the dependent care form would lead to a potential deduction if all itemized expenses exceed the standard deduction -- and therefore, not have to do with the child tax credit form/amount. But really, now all I want to do is start over with the dependant care & child tax credit form... How would I do that?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies