Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Since COVID 19 is listed as a National disaster, can non-payment of ALIMONY be listed that I was affected? It has been a tremendous loss and a struggle for me.

He claimed that the company reduced overtime so he cant pay. I don't have the money to pay an attorney to get him back in court,
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Since COVID 19 is listed as a National disaster, can non-payment of ALIMONY be listed that I was affected? It has been a tremendous loss and a struggle for me.

No,    The pandemic has not been declared a national disaster.   Sorry but there is nothing you can enter on your tax return about not receiving alimony.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

For divorces pre-2018, alimony is taxable.  Not getting alimony means paying less tax.  That’s all there is.  

For Post-2018 divorces, alimony is not taxable, and there a rent any adjustments for not getting income.  You can’t deduct something from your taxable income that was never included in your taxable income in the first place.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies