turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rental Property Depreciation from turbotax 2022 is not showing up on 2023 turbotax

Hi,

I've used TurboTax for years now, consecutively. Each year, the previous year's depreciation (which I am able to re-use) shows up, so all I need to do is copy and paste the straight-line values. For example, when filling out my 2022 taxes, I could see the values from 2021, and I was able to use the same values for 2022.

This year, nothing from the previous year shows up, and instead I'm being asked to enter everything from scratch. 

Is that my only option?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Rental Property Depreciation from turbotax 2022 is not showing up on 2023 turbotax

Did anything transfer over?  Maybe you transferred from the wrong 2022 file.  See if you have any other .tax2022 files on your computer.   Maybe the rental got listed as sold or disposed or something last year  so it didn't transfer.  

Here's an idea.  Do you still have 2022 installed?  Try opening 2022 program and see if you can get your 2022 return to show up in it.  Go to FILE - OPEN.   Then save it again with a name and place you can find.  Go to File - Save As.  Then start a new 2023 return and transfer from the 2022 file.  If you don't mind starting 2023 over.  

@RosieP wrote:

.......all I need to do is copy and paste the straight-line values.

You shouldn't have to copy and paste anything related to depreciation for your rental. The program should automatically pick up your prior year depreciation figure (method, convention, etc.).

Did you transfer your 2022 .tax file when you started your 2023 return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies