jbryant8810

Regarding the child tax credit. I have 2 children, both age 11. My adjusted income is under $100,000. Why do I only see a $1000 credit?

The child tax credit can only reduce your tax liability down to zero.  It is not a refund.  If you have no tax due, then you may not receive the full amount of the $1000 Child Tax Credit

If your child turned 17 at any time during 2016, then you will not receive the child tax credit.

If you are claiming the Child Tax Credit for a child who was born in 2016, make sure you said in Personal Info that the child lived with you all year and that you entered the child’s SSN.