Renee3261

Re

Hello I’m getting paid 600.00 

300 per kid I’m guessing 

I have 3 kids 

why did I not receive 900 

Re

We cannot see any of your information so we cannot tell you how the IRS determined how much to send you.   The amount is based on the ages of the children at the END of 2021---if anyone will be 18 before the tax year ends you do not get the CTC for that child.  

If the IRS is not sending the correct amount for the monthly payments you will be able to reconcile the CTC on your 2021 tax return.

This is a brand new system thrown together by the IRS after Congress changed tax laws in the middle of the tax season.  There are going to be bugs, glitches and mistakes made and folks will unfortunately have to be patient until they sort it out.  

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-t...

Renee3261

Re

All under the age of 5. I have 3 children. Was just curious. Thank you 

Re

Were all three children claimed on your 2020 tax return?    Has that tax return been fully processed?   Was one of the children born in 2021?