Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

allendd77

Why won't TurboTax give me the full $600 Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit for my new windows? It will only give me $200, which is the old limit.

The cost of my windows was well over $2,000 so I should have gotten the maximum credit of $600.  But TurboTax's documentation and calculations limited it to $200, which was the limit before the Inflation Reduction Act passed.  Here's the IRS's own documentation confirming the $600 credit:  https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/energy-efficient-home-improvement-credit
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why won't TurboTax give me the full $600 Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit for my new windows? It will only give me $200, which is the old limit.

Click Review to see if you are missing some forms needed in order to e-file.

Many federal and state forms are not yet available.  Check here for form availability. The dates are subject to change.

Tax form availability tool,

No hurry to e-file since the IRS will not begin to accept/reject 2023 e-files until January 29.   And….a state return cannot be accepted until after the IRS accepts your federal return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I'm having the same problem.  I spend $6200 on a qualified central air conditioner and it's only giving me $300

@gonecks1 The energy forms are not ready.

Click Review to see if you are missing some forms needed in order to e-file.

Many federal and state forms are not yet available.  Check here for form availability. The dates are subject to change.

Tax form availability tool,

No hurry to e-file since the IRS will not begin to accept/reject 2023 e-files until January 29.   And….a state return cannot be accepted until after the IRS accepts your federal return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies