Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TY2021 Turbo Tax & Donations import from Its Deductible

[Sorry if this question was answered elsewhere or if I'm asking this question in the wrong place.  ]

Did anyone else notice that imports from 2021 Its Deductible (ItsD) into 2021 Turbo Tax (TT) don't match up?

For example,

- Total values for a given donation trip in TT not are matching my ItsD entries.

(aka My ItsD. Goodwill total for 01/22/2021 was $192.75 / Imported shows as $188.

THERE IS NO WAY TO UPDATE THIS IN TT. )

- Date of Donation is one day earlier in TT than my input in ItsD.

(aka My ItsD. Goodwill donation date was 01/22/2021 / Imported as 01/21/2021.

I can UPDATE THE DATE IN TT. )

- Turbo Tax individual item raw data say 'eBay Market data' and those don't always match the ItD values.

(aka ItsD. Candle holder =$10.00 / Imported= $8.00

THERE IS NO WAY TO ADJUST THIS IN TT.)

WHAT THE HECK? 😡 Why am I bothering to use Its Deductible if Turbo Tax has its own item value system based on eBay data?  I mean the value of a candle holder is immaterial; if the market value is $8, so be it. But, my ItD expectations vs. TT reality was a difference of almost $600 for TY2021 year.  That's a lot when I'm balancing income from Dividends & CGains against ways to offset that income (like charitable donations) and paying estimated taxes.  Additionally, it was a hassle during my TT review to have my ItD printouts not matching TT  data-- in an audit, how would I explain my support docs are FUBARed? And finally, the entire subject has wasted probably 3 hours of my time researching it and writing this message. No fun! [Oops, sorry for my venting. ]

Its Deductible has been a wonderful tool for me since 2014. In conjunction with the Quicken tax planner and a Cash Log to document the ItD entries (so the Quicken Tax Planner picks up the deductions data), I've been able to easily monitor my tax situation throughout a tax year. Now, along with other issues I've seen in the forums, ItD it is starting to feel like a  lemon!??!  I may just not bother... just keep handwritten notes and a spreadsheet... those would have more audit value than what I have this year. Darn. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are unable to view the return from this public forum to take a deeper look into this. If you would like to, you can contact us by phone by following the instructions here so we can look into this. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

CarissaM: Thanks for offer. I already filed and guessing by the lack of forum conversation, there are not others with this issue. I'm moving on. Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies