Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Resident alien file MA State Tax with a foreign health care provider that does not provide 1099-HC. How to fill out tax return?

Need to provide FID and subscriber number (based on 1099-HC) to file MA State tax. However, I was insured during my stay via a german health care provider. How shall I fill out the mandatory boxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Resident alien file MA State Tax with a foreign health care provider that does not provide 1099-HC. How to fill out tax return?

It depends. To clarify, was this a private health care plan or one administered by the German government?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is a private health-care plan made for expats by a german private health care provider. It covered everything necessary to receive the J1 visa.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

it depends. There should be a check mark where you are suppose to enter the 1099-HC that says I didn't receive a 1099-HC from this insurance company. Here is a screenshot on what this should look like.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thx. That works, but does MA review if what I filled in is accurate?

AlsoTurboTax still shows me that revision is required. It wants me to fill out the subscriber number (from 1099-HC #5), which of course, I also do not have. How to solve that error, or should I simply ignore it and submit?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies