Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recovery rebate for dependent not applying

I received  and qualified for both stimulus payments last year.  We had a child half way through the year and had not received the 2 stimulus payments for them.  We were supposed to receive $1100 between the 2 payments for our new dependent.  When it reviews how much we got paid it says the the $3600 we received is correct and we aren't due anymore.  How do we get that $1100 to process?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Is your AGI over $150K in 2020?   And are you sure you have the new baby listed as a dependent that lived with you for the whole year (you mark that option even if born in 2020)?   And did you enter a SSN for the newborn?   And congrats on the new addition!  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Is your AGI over $150K in 2020?   And are you sure you have the new baby listed as a dependent that lived with you for the whole year (you mark that option even if born in 2020)?   And did you enter a SSN for the newborn?   And congrats on the new addition!  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you.  AGI under 150K.  Entered SSN.  However, I only selected part of the year.  I assumed the whole year meant 12 months, but I am still supposed to do that if she was born half way through the year? EDIT: I just reread the turbotax program question and realized that I misread it.  Thank you for the solution.  That solved the problem

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies