turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

crread1

other income taxes

Where on W2 did Turbo Tax pull these numbers from?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

other income taxes

The numbers on the summary menu Deductions&Credits page ?

IT's somewhat dependent on what you entered already...but it can be the total of all withholding on all W-2 for Fed+State+local tax withholding on all your W-2 forms...if you also had a 1099-R form, then it will include all that withholding too....or any other 1099-??? form type that had fed/state/local withholding too..   

And if you had a state refund for 2019 state taxes, but you let the state keep part or all of it for 2020 taxes, then that $ amount is added in too.

I'm not sure it is a particularly useful number to be displayed there.....only if you made a huge entry error...like showing $10,000 or greater than was remotely possible for your total withholding from all sources....then you would go back to all your forms and investigate

I've never actually found a reason to make any additional entries within that section, but I "guess" it might occur for some unusual circumstance.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies