Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

landrmc
Returning Member

My IRS account says that I owe them Advance Child Tax Credit Payments and Economic Impact Payment information. I received neither in 2021 or 2020. What do I do?

Intuit reported that my 2021 return was accepted by the IRS, but the IRS says it has NOT been accepted without the ACTCP and EIP information.  IRS itself reports that for 2021 I received no ACTC payments and have no qualifying children, and that I received no EI payments at all.  I tried calling the IRS but hung up after waiting for an hour.  I am at a loss what to do here.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My IRS account says that I owe them Advance Child Tax Credit Payments and Economic Impact Payment information. I received neither in 2021 or 2020. What do I do?

@landrmc 

Did you get a letter from the IRS ?

The letter will tell you what to do.

Looking at your account online will not tell you what to do, unless information requests/notices are listed there.

"have no qualifying children"

Do you have children?  did you list any children on your tax return ?

You can't get through to the IRS on Tax Day.

maybe after a week or so, you will still be on hold for over an hour, but less than two hours.

Then they put you on hold again after you identify yourself.

Then they tell you they can't help you.

landrmc
Returning Member

I have not yet received a letter from the IRS.  I have grown, self-supporting children.  None are on listed my 2021 return.  When I looked at at my account online, for 2021 it says that I owe the IRS ACPC and EIP information.  However it does not specify any forms to provide or how to deliver the information. 

landrmc
Returning Member

Also, for the record, I used TurboTax Deluxe Federal and State for my 2021 tax returns. 

Not clear how my inquiry got posted to the TurboTax Online forum but probably my fault. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies